- Improve git support by adding code paths compatible with python-git 0.1.6 (which is easier to get on Debian)
- Change git support to default to short commit id. If you want to access the long commit id you need to access it directly as GitIntegration.commit_id
- Improve performance when working with checkouts. The use of branch.nick has been replaced with branch._get_nick(local=True). This avoids network operations and is much more responsive.
- Fixed all pep8 issues (prettier syntax)
- Fixed an issue with using __import__ on Python 2.4.
- Fixed an issue with using :versiontools:path.to.symbol with nested modules
- Fixed an issue with using exceptions on Python 3.x
- Added test that demostrated that exception handling works on all Python versions.
- Unified error handling across version control plugins.
- General documentation improvements, installation, usage, code refrerence, and writing additional plug-ins.
- Added a backwards incompatible constraint on serial to be greater than zero on alpha, beta and release candidates as required by PEP 386.
Change version string produced by versiontools.Version.__str__() and versiontools.format_version to be more useful when vcs integration is not available and the release is not final. Consult the table below for details.
|Prior to 1.3.2||1.3.2||Comment|
When VCS integration is not available
|1.2.3.dev||When releaselevel==dev but VCS integration is not available we now add a .dev suffix to differentiate from released versions|
|1.2.3a5 or 1.2.3a5.devREVNO||1.2.3a5 `||
.devREVNO is only added when releaselevel==dev.
It will never appear on alphas , betas or release candidates.
|1.2.3b5 or 1.2.3b5.devREVNO||1.2.3b5|
|1.2.3c5 or 1.2.3c5.devREVNO||1.2.3c5|
To get started quickly see Usage instructions
|Old Version||New Version||Comment|
|1.2.3.dev.5||1.2.3.devREVNO||VCS revision and serial are two distinct fields. Serial is no longer displayed for development releases.|
|1.2.3.alpha.5||1.2.3a5 or 1.2.3a5.devREVNO||.devREVNO is only added when VCS integration is available.|
|1.2.3.beta.5||1.2.3b5 or 1.2.3b5.devREVNO|
|1.2.3.candidate.5||1.2.3c5 or 1.2.3c5.devREVNO|
Add versiontools.format_version() that converts a 5-element tuple to a proper version string and is more obvious in intent.
Change default of Version releaselevel to “final”
Change default of Version serial to 0
Serial field is no longer initialized with revision number from vcs, instead it is used to count alphas, betas and release candidates.
All version components except for releaselevel must be non-negative integers or strings that can be converted to such integers
Do not warn about “directory foo is not a bzr branch”. This message was changed to debug as it is now legitimate for released code not to have bzr version control files.